Hey Minters — you just scored an invite to the coolest party in cyberspace: Mint.com has teamed up with personal finance expert, Jean Chatzky to host a Twitter party and you are invited!
And if that name sounds familiar, it totally should.
Jean Chatzky is a best-selling author, award-winning personal finance journalist, the finance editor for NBC’s “Today Show”, and the host of “Cash Call with Jean Chatzky” on RLTV.
On Tuesday, August 28th, at 4:30 PST/ 7:30 EST, Jean and Mint.com are going to be live on Twitter answering all your personal finance questions.
Mint.com and Jean are committed to helping you save, avoid and reduce debt, and teaching youth about personal finance, so forget the hostess gifts and bring your most burning questions and pressing money matters instead.
Did we mention there will be prizes?
Fifteen lucky (and random) party goers will win a signed copy of Jean Chatzky’s new book, “Money Rules: The Simple Path to Lifelong Security.”
Wow — a personal finance celebrity, your favorite (and free!) money management tool (that’s us, OBV) and free stuff? I told you it was going to be a rocking good time!
Who says personal finance can’t be fun?
In case you are saying to yourself, “What the heck is a Twitter party?” Don’t worry, here’s how it works:
What is a Twitter Party?
A Twitter party is a real-time virtual party on Twitter that is basically a huge conversation for people to talk about the same thing! And in this case, it’s personal finance.
During the Mint.com and Jean Chatzky Twitter party, we will be talking about ways to save, how to pay down and avoid debt, improving financial literacy, and simplifying money management. Oh, and don’t forget about the prizes, too.
How to join a Twitter Party
1) You have to have a Twitter account. If you don’t already, you can create one at www.twitter.com.
2) Once you have a twitter ID, you need to follow @Mint and @JeanChatzky to stay in the loop.
3) Every tweet during a Twitter party must contain a hashtag (or the pound symbol: #) with a designated unique word.
Attention: Without the #word, your tweet is not part of the conversation. For this Twitter party, all of your tweets/personal finance questions must end with #MoneyRules.
Tweet example: How much cash should I have in an emergency fund? #MoneyRules
5) Just Tweet! You can ask questions just by tweeting and using the hashtag (#MoneyRules) during the party and you can track the same hashtag to follow the conversation.
The Party Details
- When: Tuesday, August 28th, 2012
- Where: Twitter
- Time: 4:30 – 5pm (PST)/ 7:30 – 8pm (EST)
- Hosts: Mint.com and Jean Chatzky
- Hashtag: #MoneyRules
It may sound intimidating but believe us, it’s easy to catch on and really fun — be there or be square!