Mint Unauthorized Transaction and Error Resolution Policy
Our Transaction Policy
We will send you a payment confirmation email for any bill payment made using your account credentials via the Mint bill payment service. We will not send you a periodic statement listing transactions that you make using Mint. The transactions will appear only on the statement issued by your bank or financial institution. Save the email receipts you are sent via email when you process a payment in Mint and check them against the account statement you receive from your bank or financial institution. If you have any questions about one of these transactions, please contact us.
An unauthorized transaction is a transaction from your Mint account that was not authorized by you and from which you receive no benefit. The unauthorized transaction may be due to theft, fraud or a Mint calculation or operational error.
The following are NOT considered unauthorized transactions:
- If you give someone access to your Mint account (by giving them your login information or not properly securing your mobile device or computer) and they use your Mint account without your knowledge or permission. You are responsible for transactions made in this situation.
- If you or a person acting on your behalf processes a transaction in Mint with the intent to commit fraud.
An error includes any of the following:
- An unauthorized transfer.
- An incorrect transfer to or from your Mint account.
- A computational or bookkeeping error made by Mint relating to an authorized transfer that you initiate.
- A request by you for any documentation concerning a transaction made from your Mint account or for additional information or clarification necessary to determine if an error has occurred.
Tips to protect your login information
Your login ID and password, together with your telephone number and email address, form your “Registration Information.” You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Registration Information and there are some important steps that you can take to protect the confidentiality of this information.
- Never give anyone your Registration Information or leave your information in a place where someone can access it.
- Contact us immediately if you suspect that an unauthorized transaction has occurred on your Mint account.
- Change your password often and make it difficult for anyone else to guess.
- Check your Mint bill pay transactions regularly and review payment confirmation emails to ensure that you become aware of any unauthorized transactions immediately.
- If you use the Mint mobile app, enable touch ID and additional mobile security features to further protect the integrity of your personal and financial information.
How to Contact Us
If you suspect that your login ID or password used to access your Mint account has been lost, stolen or otherwise compromised by anyone, if you suspect that a transaction involving your bank or financial institution account has been made using your Registration Information without your permission (i.e. an "Unauthorized Transaction"), or if you become aware of a potential transaction error, please contact us immediately in order to minimize your potential losses and protect your personal and financial information.
The following is Intuit’s contact information for the Mint bill pay service:
Mint Care Telephone: 855-646-3486
Mint Care is available 7 days a week, 5 AM - 5 PM Pacific time.
Mint Care Email: email@example.com
Address: (Attention: Mint Care) 2700 Coast Avenue, Mountain View, CA 94043
You can also contact Mint Customer Care if you have a question or need more information about a payment listed on your bank statement or payment receipt.
Reporting an Error or Unauthorized Transaction
Review the payment confirmation emails sent by Mint as well as your bank or credit card statements to ensure that all transactions posted to your accounts are correct and authorized.
If you suspect that an error or unauthorized transaction has occurred on your Mint account, please contact us as soon as possible to ensure that you are eligible to receive the full refund of the payment and any related fees. If you contact us within 90 days after you become aware of the transaction, we will provide a full refund of the payment amount and any related fees if we can confirm that an error or unauthorized transaction occurred on your Mint account.
Please note that if you have reason to suspect that your account credentials or online login information for your bank or financial institution has been compromised, you should contact your bank or financial institution immediately.
In the event of a transaction error, please contact Mint Care directly to report the error and provide sufficient details to assist us to investigate the transaction.
In the event of an unauthorized transaction, please contact Mint Care directly to report the unauthorized transaction so that we can take immediate action to protect the integrity of your account. If you have not already done so, we will advise you to contact your bank or financial institution directly to report the unauthorized transaction. We will work with your bank or financial institution once we complete our investigation in order to refund your account.
When you contact us, please provide the following information to help us adequately address your concerns:
- Your Name, E-mail address, and Telephone Number
- For a transaction error: Clearly describe the error and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- For an unauthorized transaction: Clearly describe the details of how you became aware of the transaction and any information to assist us in determining how your account may have been compromised.
- Indicate the dollar amount of the suspected error.
- Indicate whether you have already contacted or plan to contact your bank or financial institution.
If you decide to contact us via phone, we may request that you send your concerns in writing within 10 business days to our email or mailing address (provided above) along with any supporting documentation that will assist us in performing our investigation.
Please notify us if you have already contacted your bank or financial institution or report an error so that we can respond appropriately. In most cases, we will work with your bank or financial institution to process the refund, this is in order to avoid duplicate refunds. Any duplicate refunds will be cancelled or reversed immediately upon notification from your bank or financial institution.
Our Investigation Process
We have a responsibility to investigate your concerns and to determine whether an error or unauthorized transaction has occurred on your Mint account within 10 business days of the date that you contact us to report the concern. We will make every effort to complete our investigation within this timeframe. However, if we need more time, we may take up to 45 days to complete our investigation.
If you notify us that there has been an unauthorized transaction on your account, we will immediately block your Mint account to protect the integrity of your personal and financial information and to prevent any further transactions while we complete our investigation.
We will promptly notify you via email of the results of the investigation within 3 business days after completing our investigation.
If we conclude during the investigation that there was no error or that the transaction was authorized by you, we will also send you a written summary of our investigation via email to conclude our investigation. We have the responsibility to provide copies of the documents that were used in the investigation at your request.
If we conclude during the investigation that an unauthorized transaction or error has occurred on your Mint account, we will work with your bank or financial institution to refund you the entire amount of the payment and any related fees. We may ask you to report the unauthorized transaction to your bank or financial institution, if you have not already done so.
However, if we conclude during our investigation that the transaction is due to a technical or operational error made by Mint, then we will process the refund directly through your Mint account to credit your payment method.
If we ask you to provide your concerns in writing or we request additional details from you and we do not receive the requested information in writing within 10 business days, we may be unable to complete our investigation.
Payment Transaction Limits
Your use of the Mint bill payment services is subject to a daily, monthly and per payment transaction limits. Payments made through the Mint bill pay service are subject to the following transaction limits:
Per Payment Transaction Limit: $5,000
Daily Transaction Limit: $15,000
Monthly Transaction Limit: $20,000
Some customers may be subject to higher or lower limits based on our risk and transaction monitoring rules. In addition, new customers and customers making payments from an un-linked bank account or credit card account will be subject to lower transaction limits.