Our Company / Investors
Mint’s product and market potential have attracted over $31 million in funding, including investments from:
DAG Ventures led Mint's C round which closed in August 2009, with new participation from The Founder's Fund, and investment from existing investors Benchmark Capital, Shasta Ventures, First Round Capital, and Sherpalo. DAG Ventures is a venture capital partnership investing in and helping outstanding entrepreneurs create leading, long-term companies across a range of markets. With roots from the 1980’s in cable TV, infrastructure, media, and wireless industries, the partnership today is privileged to work with world-class entrepreneurs as they build tomorrow’s leaders in the information technology, energy, and life science sectors.
Benchmark Capital led Mint's Series B funding round, which closed in March, 2008. Benchmark Capital, a leading international venture capital firm, was founded in 1995 to help talented entrepreneurs with original ideas build successful technology companies. Benchmark's general partners take a team-oriented, labor-intensive approach to venture investing to deliver a superior level of service to the firm's portfolio companies. Benchmark's portfolio includes high-profile start-ups like Infinera, MySQL, OpenTable, Second Life, Tellme, Yelp, and Zillow, and franchise companies such as eBay, Juniper Networks and Red Hat. The firm manages nearly $2.8 billion in committed venture capital.
Shasta Ventures led Mint’s Series A funding round, which closed in April, 2007. Shasta Ventures is a venture capital firm focused on helping build technology enabled companies that offer unique products and services to their customers. It’s accomplished partners, drawn from NEA, Battery Ventures and Trinity Ventures have been early investors in numerous successful online consumer services businesses, including Blue Nile, Baby Center and NextCard. Shasta Ventures is located in Menlo Park, CA, and manages more than $200 million.
First Round Capital
First Round Capital provided Mint’s first seed round capital in October, 2006 and increased their ownership percentage through added investment in Mint’s Series A financing. First Round Capital is a prominent investor in early stage companies, including Aggregate Knowledge, Jingle Networks (1-800-FREE411), Krugle, Riya, StumbleUpon, and VideoEgg. The firm has offices in Philadelphia and San Francisco.
Mint’s angel investors include:
- Aydin Senkut Former Senior Manager at Google, now a prominent angel investor as Founder and President at Felicis Ventures.
- Jeff Clavier Founder and Managing Partner of SoftTech VC, one of the most active seed stage investors in Web 2.0 startups.
- Ron Conway Founder and Managing Partner of the Angel Investors LP funds whose investments have included Google, Ask Jeeves, Paypal, Red Envelope, Good Technology, Opsware, and Brightmail.
- Sy Fahimi Former Intuit executive, and now CEO, Adteractive.
- Mark Goines Former Intuit executive and now prominent angel investor in entrepreneurial financial services ventures.
- Geoff Ralston Former Chief Product Officer, Yahoo. Founder of Raltech LLC, and now CEO of Lala Media, Inc.