Press and Blogger Central / Press Release
Atomic PR for Mint
Mint.com Launches 'Money Tweets' Delivering the Best in Personal Finance from Twitter
Personal Finance Service Aggregates Hand-selected Twitter Feeds; Provides Educational Content and Topical News from the Twitterverse
Mountain View, Calif., Nov 12, 2009 – Mint.com (www.mint.com), a leading online personal finance service from Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU), today launched "Money Tweets", extending its award-winning blog that collects all the best personal finance educational content and topical news from across the Twittersphere, and delivers it on a single, streamlined platform at www.mint.com/blog/twitter/.
With Mint.com's popular magazine-style blog MintLife, Money Tweets helps create a more complete destination for personal finance topics, bringing real-time news and insights to readers. It expands upon the Mint.com updates and editorial content that have already attracted more than half a million unique visitors each month.
"Twitter has grown into an essential element of our marketing and customer service efforts, but creating your own personalized list of feeds to follow can be time consuming," said Aaron Patzer, vice president and general manager of Intuit's Personal Finance group. "We have taken the work out of this search for our users – and by adding a 'popular' tab, Mint.com tracks the hottest finance-related terms in real time, delivering a zeitgeist for finance terms in Twitter."
Five Easy Categories
Mint.com's Money Tweets includes five categories, allowing people to read whatever content most interests them:
- Topics – Collects information relating to budgets, saving, investment, loans, and retirement feeds. Sources range from industry leaders, such as Morningstar (@morningstarinc.) and the Wall Street Journal (@WSJ), to bloggers with cult following and specific expertise, including Wisebread (@wisebread), Stocktwits (@stocktwits) and Budgets are Sexy (@budgetsaresexy).
- Tweets about Mint.com - Tracks, in real-time, what people are saying about Mint.com.
- Tweets from Mint.com – Updates followers on the latest from Mint.com –product upgrades, new blog content, economic indices and awards or speaking opportunities. This tab helps people keep up with what the company is doing, and shows the interaction between the Mint.com team and customers that happens in the Twittersphere.
- Questions – A question of the day – based on spending patterns, budgeting tips or other relevant topics – helps users learn from each other and crowd sources fun and useful tips and tricks.
- Popular – Keeps followers on top of hot financial topics, anything from the bailout, interest rates or Bernie Madoff. Money Tweet tracks and reports on volume and trending patterns over a selected period of time.
"Mint.com, focuses on making things simple and easy for users – aggregating all account information into a single place, and helping people learn about their money so they can save more and do more with it," said Patzer. "Money Tweets is the next step, pulling the value of hundreds of disparate sources into a single place that's easily digested by whoever wants to learn about money."
MintLife and Money Tweets were both created with Mule Design Studios.
About Mint.com (www.mint.com)
Mint.com is America's #1 online personal finance service, providing over 1.5 million users a fresh, easy and intelligent way to manage their money. And it's free. Launched in September 2007, Mint.com has quickly grown to track nearly $200 billion in transactions and $50 billion in assets and has identified more than $300 million in potential savings for its users.
Mint.com's innovation is in applying advanced technology to deliver breakthrough ease-of-use. Using patent-pending technology and proprietary algorithms, Mint.com allows users to see all their financial accounts in one place, makes it easy to set and keep to budgets, and helps identify money saving ideas. Mint.com is so effective that more than 90 percent of users say they have changed their financial habits as a result of using the service.
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. is a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses; financial institutions, including banks and credit unions; consumers and accounting professionals. Its flagship products and services, including QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax®, simplify small business management and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit's leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants. The company’s financial institutions division, anchored by Digital Insight, provides on-demand banking services to help banks and credit unions serve businesses and consumers with innovative solutions.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had annual revenue of $3.2 billion in its fiscal year 2009. The company has approximately 7,800 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.